Monday, January 18, 2010

Spring arrives early in Lake Como




Wow! woke up to glorious sunshine today. Spring is in the air. So who cares if George Clooney is rumoured to be leaving. He'll struggle to find anywhere more beautiful (and it probably is just a rumour). Spent the morning doing my 'day job' property searching for lucky hopefuls coming to live on the Lake. One brief struck me as a bit of a challenge, only 150K to spend, wanting a lake view, outside space and a rental income! Not as hard as I thought though, after a few phone calls to my extensive network (gleaned through 13 years of making it my business to know everything about property on Lake Como), I now have a list of 6 great options, in various places along the lake - Argegno (up and coming and the next 'boom' village on the lake), Laglio (already very well-established and usually pricey (thanks to the Clooney-effect) and even a couple in Como Town itself. And all very rentable as well (meeting my exacting criteria). Then onto a much more exciting search - 12 million to spend! Am I the girl to help with that one - you bet I am! I must have the best job in the world:

1. I live on the most stunning Lake in Italy and can count Donatella Versace, Richard Branson, and Michael Schumacher amongst my illustrious neighbours.

2. I spend my days mooching round other people's houses.

3. Then I have fun showing potential buyers around and introducing them to my favourite bars and restaurants.

Off to continue my search for 12 million pound period Liberty-style villas now. Hardly a bind! p.s. if you know of any let me know.

and how about this........you know you live in Italy when the driver of the car in front of you is on her mobile phone, driving with one hand and then uses that one hand to wave hello to the local policeman and he just waves back.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there lake como expert..nice blog..

    Looks like Spring in Lake Como is the place to be. is this the best time to come? Just seen some really cheap flights from UK with easyjet and if we get to Malpensa airport how do we get to the lake.
    Any good rental offers at this time of the year? We are looking for a home with a great view.

    Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At this time of year, there is a good choice of properties avaialable and at good prices, as it is still low season here. Email me with your exact requirements, number of beds, budget, preferred location etc, and I will send you a full lisiting of available properties - comoproperties@gmail.com or check out this newly built amazing villa with panoramic views www.ownersdirect.co.uk/italy/it2619.htm

    ReplyDelete